Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Lady Gaga - The Fame Monster Artwork

The artwork for Lady Gaga's new album "The Fame Monster" is interesting (and disturbing) to say the least. The cover art I've grown to love, it's bold and self-assured without being annoying - in short, it's hypnotizing. However, not all of the artwork is of such a high quality - there are some real clunky junkers out there, like this one:

Lady Gaga - The Fame Monster

Not her most flattering picture to say the least. I'm sure she wasn't going for pretty here (on purpose), but still, there should be a limit - she kind of looks like that woman from The Ring. I mean, Lady Gaga isn't as unattractive as many people says she is, she just has a habit of giving people cannon fodder like this what with the streak make up, clueless expression, and wiry broom-like dustbin hairdo (Lady Gaga: The Broom Monster?). It just isn't a good look. And by the way, what is with the right side of her hair all static and up in the air like that? Either it's getting blown by a fan or someone needs to comb that shit down - unless the ghost of her sanity is in the room, then someone should have fucking fixed it. And as for this one:

Lady Gaga - The Fame Monster

What the fuck is that supposed to be? Nice consistency with the smeared makeup, but what is she wearing, what is that on her head, and why did she suddenly revert black to blond hair? Either she is very clever and I'm missing something, or her next album should be entitled: The Fume Monster because she is sort of giving off the impression that she is probably sucking the back end of a carburetor (or as she is liable to call it: "carburetor stick"). Call me crazy but I just don't find the pantyhose monster all that scary. (Moving on.)

Lady Gaga - The Fame Monster

See, I just give up now. Are those crows in her hair? For a good while I was sitting here mulling this over pic thinking if it was just another crazy-ass 'do of hers, but no, it's some crows. What does it symbolize you ask? Probably something to do with the film The Crows (she seems to love her Hitchcock - "give me your psycho, your vertigo stick" comes to mind), but even so, it's still pretty random. I'm not a makeup biologist or anything but even I can tell her eyelashes are fucked the hell up. But at the very least you have to be grateful that they didn't choose to use lurid-orange horror movie letters for text.

I think we should all thank Lady Gaga for having the balls (unintentional joke) to do something like this. Though before I end this I just have to ask: are those crows featured on the new album? I mean do they sing on it - if I'm not mistaken they do a little cameo on "Bad Romance" ("Caw-Caw-ah-ah-ah"). Someone please let me know if they did. I am a really big fan of crows (and Lady Cawcaw).

Now, let's recap: what did we all learn today? The answer is of course:

Lady Gaga - The Fame Monster

No comments: