Friday, May 29, 2009

Best Movie Songs

All right, Best Movies Songs. So I'm the kind of person who will completely pause my life just so I can get the lyrics and name of a song I hear on TV or in a movie. Mostly movies, since I don't watch many of those "niche" TV shows that play new artists (Grey's Anatomy, et all), I just READ about what songs they played.

Anyway, let's begin. Here is a list of some songs I have stumbled upon while watching a movie (which is about the only time I'm not actively looking for new music...guh).

1. Mason Jennings - Which Way Your Heart Will Go
From Ghost Town (2008 version)

2. The Pixies - Where Is My Mind
From Fight Club

3. Elliot Smith - Angeles
From Good Will Hunting

4. The Kinks - Nothing In This World Can Stop Me Worryin' 'Bout That Girl
From Rushmore

5. The Shins - New Slang
From Garden State

6. Coldplay - Don't Panic
From Igby Goes Down

And there you are. As you can see, I went for quality, not quantity, and if there were any more songs on the list they would probably be from the Rushmore and Garden State soundtracks (which everyone has probably already heard to death by now and will call me an asshat for mentioning). A notable song that almost made the cut in Best Movie Songs is Hash-Pipe by Weezer, but I thought the experience for that is kind of non-existent seeing as I already knew the song/artist when I saw it in the Emmy Award-Winning movie American Pie 2.

1 comment:

Pandam said...

Eddie Vedder-Guaranteed
From Into the wild